Friday, June 28, 2019

16A - What's Your Secret Sauce?

1) Describe five ways in which you think you have human capital that is truly unique. What is it about you, exactly, that makes you different? Write this up in a detailed list.
  • I am a passionate and driven individual with a very commanding natural leadership ability who is unstoppable when it comes to something that I care about. I pride myself in never taking no for an answer, always striving for the best and most effective solution, and attempting to view the world, problems, opportunities, and other people from multiple perspectives and with an open mind.

2) Interview the five people who know you the best. 
  • https://soundcloud.com/oliviarose526
  • Caro - Caro states that I am very driven and always striving for success. She compliments my leadership abilities, confidence, dependability, and kindheartedness.
  • Jacquie - Jacquie speaks on my passion, drive, caring nature, communication skills, and approachable personality.
  • Karina - Karina compliments my drive, sharp mind, ability to overcome obstacles, clear communication, ability to be diplomatic, ability to negotiate fairly, empathy, and overall leadership ability.
  • Dad - My dad talks about my caring nature, ability to show love, and the way that I make people feel cared about and important.
  • Ryan - Ryan commented on my rational decision making.

3) Reflect on the differences. How do you see yourself, and how do others see you? Are there differences in how you assess yourself compared to others? What do you think causes these differences? Do you think your interviewees are correct about you? Finally, going back to your list from part 1, would you make any corrections to the list? How? 
  • I now know that people see the drive in me that I see in myself. It was very nice to hear that those closest to me believe that I will be successful and that I always work for what I want and what I believe is right. Hearing certain compliments and attributes about yourself from others that you normally don't think or say is a very nice way to build confidence is other aspects of yourself and your capabilities. If I were to go back to question 1, I would perhaps include more about my interpersonal skills and non-professional personality; these aspects of myself are very important in who I am and who I am professionally, even if I didn't see that connection or importance at first.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Olivia,

    Your persistency is a valuable character trait to find in an entrepreneur. It is impressive to match your description of yourself closely with those who are close to you, sharing their outside opinions and observations. The way the interviews filled in the gaps with the positive ways in which you interact with others nicely filled out the qualities that make an entrepreneur.

    Jonah Brafman

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Olivia,

    Great post! I thought this assignment is weird and a little scary because I don't ask people about myself often. I think your interviewees answered your question very well. I think striving for success is one of very important things for entrepreneur to have and I can tell why you are taking this class and business relates major.

    Once again, great post!

    Kaito

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Olivia. I definitely sense how much you believe in yourself and this is a great trait to have as an entrepreneur accompanied with the fact that others around you happen to be just as supportive. Your interviewees were definitely very insightful as well. I think it's great that everyone is supportive of you.

    Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Olivia, Great post you have here! I wanted to point out that the qualities you outlined are exactly what makes up a great entrepreneur and a UF student. Your peers surely did a wonderful job assessing who you truly are and I can clearly see deep reflection was made to assess yourself and others.

    ReplyDelete