Friday, June 28, 2019

15A - Figuring Out Buyer Behavior No. 2

Jacquie, 21 years old, bartender and server at Chili's. UF student.
  • When purchasing hair products, how important is price in your purchase decision from 1-5? Explain. 
    • 3. If the quality is very good and I know it works very well, I don't mind spending more money. But I love a good bargain! 
  • How important is quality of ingredients in your purchase decision from 1-5? Explain. 
    • 4. Some chemicals are unavoidable nowadays but I do like to purchase 'clean ingredient' products.
  • How important is packaging in your purchase decision from 1-5? Explain. 
    • 5. I prefer minimal packaging - less environmental impact. I like to buy recyclable bottles.
  • Are you more likely to purchase haircare online or in person? Why?
    • Probably in person, I like to smell it. 
  • After purchasing and using a haircare product, what factor(s) are most important in your review of the product?
    • Ingredients, how long it lasts, how it feels on my hair, and whether or not it prolongs the life of my last wash (or makes it worse).

Wilmarie, 22 years old, employee at a local pool and recent graduate from UF.

  • When purchasing hair products, how important is price in your purchase decision from 1-5? Explain. 
    • 5. I'm balling on a budget. 
  • How important is quality of ingredients in your purchase decision from 1-5? Explain. 
    • 5. I appreciate quality, affordable products.
  • How important is packaging in your purchase decision from 1-5? Explain. 
    • 3. Good packaging is cool but tbh I don't care that much.
  • Are you more likely to purchase haircare online or in person? Why?
    • Online after reading reviews. I don't like to buy a product unless I know it works on similar hair types.
  • After purchasing and using a haircare product, what factor(s) are most important in your review of the product?
    • Performance and damage reduction in my hair. Also if a product makes my hair easier to style or not. 

Carolina, 21 years old, UF Film student and bartender at Liquid Ginger in Gainesville
  • When purchasing hair products, how important is price in your purchase decision from 1-5? Explain. 
    • 3. I'm willing to spend more on a good product. If I find a good deal, I'll buy it but I'm not willing to dig to save money. 
  • How important is quality of ingredients in your purchase decision from 1-5? Explain. 
    • 2. I have very resilient hair. Type of ingredients doesn't matter much to me as long as my hair gets clean. 
  • How important is packaging in your purchase decision from 1-5? Explain. 
    • 1. I don't care at all.
  • Are you more likely to purchase haircare online or in person? Why?
    • Online, so I don't have to go out to the store, especially if there's fast shipping.
  • After purchasing and using a haircare product, what factor(s) are most important in your review of the product?
    • Smell. How long the product will last before I have to go out and buy more.

Draw conclusions. Based on what you know about this segment and what you learned in your interviews, how would you succinctly describe this segment in terms of alternative evaluation, purchase decision, and post-purchase evaluation? 
  • It seems that people in this segment care about reviews of others, convenience of purchase, and product performance. These interviews also provided other more specific preferences to consider regarding packaging specifically. 

3 comments:

  1. Hi Olivia,

    It definitely seems that modern consumers care more about reviews of products than many other factors. In the online shopping age, testaments to the product are widely and easily available, along with criticisms. While consumers have to be careful about fake reviews, writing about one’s own company can be a valuable and affordable asset to making a startup company known and seem reliable, morals aside.

    Jonah Brafman

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Olivia. It's great that you took the time to really interview these people. I agree with what you're saying in regards to modern consumers. They're definitely a lot more selective given the fact that they're now able to choose from a wider range of options. I like the questions you used as well, they seem very essential to your service.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Olivia.

    Your page is always a great read. Just like your message above. You manage to be very clear and concise with your responses for this assignment. I agree with your conclusion. Not just from reading your interviews but from also my personal experience. The review of others help me make a large amount of my purchasing decisions.

    ReplyDelete